Civil Society Reading
- For Good and Evil: The Impact of Taxes on the Course of
Civilization, Charles Adams, Madison Books, 1993.
- The Discovery of Freedom: Man's Struggle Against Authority,
Rose Wilder Lane, Fox and Wilkes, 1943.
- Emancipating Slaves, Enslaving Free Men: A History of the
American Civil War, Jeffrey Rodgers Hummel, Open Court, 1996.
- Healing Our World: The Other Piece of the Puzzle, Dr. Mary J.
Ruwart, Sun Star Press (revised edition), 1993.
- The Theme is Freedom: Religion, Politics, and the American
Tradition, M. Stanton Evans, Regenry Publishing, 1994.
- How Should We Then Live?: The Rise and Decline of Western
Thought and Culture, Francis A. Schaeffer, Crossway Books, 1976.
- Towards a Free Society: An Introduction to Markets and the
Political System, Gary Wolfram, McGraw-Hill Inc., 2nd edition,
- Bionomics: Economy as Ecosystem, Michael Rothschild, Henry Holt
and Company, 1990.
- Economics On Trial: Lies, Myths, and Realities, Marc Skousen,
Partial list of periodicals
Most of the books are available through Laissez
Faire Books (1-800-326-0996) which has agreed to provide a special
discount to AFI students.
- Reason (magazine)
- Liberty (magazine)
- Imprimus (Hillsdale College)
- Religion & Liberty (The Acton Institute)
- Freeman (Foundation for Economic Education) 1946
- Freedom Daily (
The Future of Freedom